Have you ever wondered how to make your email signature more attractive? Here’s an idea:
add a video! It is as easy and quick as adding a link to your social media page and will help you boost your company’s brand identity, while simultaneously promoting the video itself. Furthermore, it doesn’t cost a thing and can be measured with Google Analytics (learn how to track campaigns in email signatures). Unfortunately, you can’t embed a video directly in your email signature. But what you can do is insert a suitable image and use it as a thumbnail linking to the video. Remember that the video that you will use must be hosted somewhere online in order to get a URL.
Before adding the image, you need to prepare it first. It can be e.g. a screenshot of the whole video player or simply of a still from the film. In Windows you can make a screenshot by clicking the Print Screen button. However, this method does not allow for selection of the areas you want to save and you won’t be able to directly edit the image. Such possibilities are only offered by special programs designed to create screenshots, e.g. Screenpresso, LightShot or ScreenHunter Free. Once you have the image, you have to decide whether you want to embed it in the signature or use a linked version.
How to add a video to your email signature in Outlook 2013 and 2010
1. Open your Outlook, then click on New Message.
2. In the resulting window select Signature from the Quick Access Toolbar, click Signatures to open the Signatures and Stationary box.
3. From the Select signature to edit bar choose New, type in a name and save it to create a new signature.
4. Click on Insert Image icon and select the image you want to use from your computer or paste the URL to where your image is hosted. Click OK.
5. Highlight or select the image and click the Link icon . Paste the URL of your video and click OK.
7. Save your changes. Then select Signature from the Quick Access Toolbar again and click the name of the signature you have just created to see what it looks like.
Learn more about creating and modifying email signatures in Outlook 2013 and 2010.
How to add video to your email signature in Gmail
1. Log in to you Gmail account from a browser.
2. Click on the Gear icon in the top-right and choose Settings.
3. Scroll down to the Signature Box and click on the Insert Image icon.
4. Paste the URL of your image and click OK. Then select or highlight your image and click the Link icon
5. Paste the URL of your video and click OK.
6. Save changes and go back to your Inbox to test the new signature.
Learn more about creating and modifying email signatures in Gmail.
How to add video to your email signature in Google Apps
1. Go to the email signature editor in your Google Admin Console as per this article and add insert the image you want to use.
2. Highlight the image and click the hyperlink button: , paste your video URL in the resulting window, click OK, Add Setting and Save changes.
How to add video to your email signature in Office 365 OWA
1. Log in to your Office 365 account and click Outlook in the top menu to go to your Outlook Web App.
2. Click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner and select Options.
3. In the Options panel on the left click Settings.
4. Insert an image into your OWA email signature as per this article.
5. Highlight or select the image and click on the Link icon.
6. Paste the URL of your video and click Save at the bottom of the page.
Learn more about creating and modifying email signatures in Office 365 OWA.
How to add video to your automatic email disclaimer on Exchange 2013, 2010 or Exchange Online in Office 365
1. Open the disclaimer text editor as per this article for Exchange 2013, this article for Exchange 2010 or this article for Exchange Online in Office 365.
2. Use the This entry was posted in Google Apps and Gmail, Images & videos in email signatures, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft Outlook 2013, Tips and tagged email footer, email signature, exchange 2010, exchange 2013, gmail, google apps, how to, insert video, office 365, outlook, outlook 2010, outlook 2013, tips, video on .