[Update]: This article was first published on September 8, 2016. It’s been updated as the steps to set up a signature have changed.
Outlook for iOS is a mobile email client which does its job well. 4.7 rating in App Store proves that users like Outlook for iOS quite a lot. Unfortunately, the default “Sent from Outlook for iOS” signature is almost as cringy as the “Sent from my iPhone” text. Read on to see how to change that “Sent from Outlook for iOS” strapline into a professional HTML email signature.
Design your Outlook for iOS email signature
If you want to design your perfect mobile email signature, you need to design it in HTML. Without using HTML, there is no way to include your logo, banner or social media links in Outlook for iOS. The easiest way to design a well-formatted and professional email signature is to use our free email signature generator:
- In the email signature generator, select Outlook as your email signature platform:
- Pick up your favorite signature design, add your contact info and images. The generator guides you through all the steps. After you personalize the signature to your needs, click Apply your signature:
- Next, Copy your signature to the clipboard (AKA pasteboard).
If you use the signature generator on your iPhone, your signature should be already copied to pasteboard at this point. If you find it more comfortable to use the generator on another device, use any email client to send your new email signature to the Outlook app on your iPhone. Simply paste the signature you’ve copied to your email message and send it to your Outlook email address.
Note: it’s safer to use web-based email clients for that, as they don’t tend to distort the signature layout.
Next, open this email in Outlook for iOS. Press and hold on a part of text that is not a link, then choose Select All and Copy from the context menu:
Set up a signature in Outlook for iOS
Once you have your email signature copied, you need to add it in Outlook for iOS. Here is how to change the default “Sent from Outlook for iOS” signature to one that is both attractive and informative:
- In Outlook for iOS, swipe the screen right to bring up the option menu. Tap the gear icon to access options:
- In the options, scroll down and tap Signature to access the signature editor:
- In the editor, delete your current signature and paste the new one you copied earlier:
- Since changes are saved automatically, you can leave the signature editor after pasting the code.
The next time you compose an email, your new email signature should be there:
Now, you can enjoy email signatures with social media links, clickable banners and your contact information:
Keep in mind that if you want to promote your brand and build trust with your recipients, the best practice is to unify your email signature across all devices. While this task is doable for small teams, it becomes increasingly cumbersome for a larger number of users. And if you want to handle multiple email marketing campaigns or different signatures for different recipients, the task is plain impossible without signature management tools.
Set up email signatures for all users at once
It is possible to create and manage email signatures for all users at the same time, regardless what they use to send emails. Email signature management tools let you unleash the hidden potential of your email communication. Thanks to such tools, you can:
- Manage email signatures for everyone from one place.
- Set up a single rule to add professional email signatures to emails sent from any email client (including Outlook for iOS and any other app).
- Create team-specific email signatures.
- Schedule timed marketing campaigns.
- Easily add one-click customer satisfaction surveys to email conversations.
- Automatically add user photos to email signatures.
- And much more…