This article explains how to:
- create an email signature in Microsoft Outlook 2003
- import an already prepared HTML file that contains your email signature
To find out more details about these two instructions, follow the steps below.
Create an email signature directly in Outlook 2003
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2003.
- Go to the Tools tab and click Options.
- In the Options window, go to the Mail format tab.
- Then, click the Signatures button under the Signatures section.
- To start designing a new email signature, click the New button.
- In the following pop-up window, provide the name of your email signature.
- Then, under the Choose how to create your signature section, choose the Start with a blank signature so that you can create it from scratch. Click Next to go to the signature editor.
- In the Edit Signature window under the Signature text section, you can create your email signature.
- When you have typed in all information you need and you want to add an image as well, right click in the signature where you want the image to be inserted and select the Insert Image… option.
- In the pop-up window, you can browse the image on your computer or paste the URL address of an online image (the link that provides the direct path to an image on the Internet).
- Once the image has been selected, click OK.
- If you want to create a more sophisticated signature so that it suits your needs, you can also use the Advanced Edit… option.
- As the advanced editor is not part of Microsoft Outlook 2003 you will be informed about that. Simply, click Yes to continue.
- Now you can adjust the signature to your needs using Microsoft Word formatting tools available in the top ribbon.
- When you have finished composing your email signature, save changes and close the window.
- In the following window, you can preview your signature. If it looks as expected, click OK.
- In the Options window, under Mail Format tab, go to the Signatures section and select your signature from the drop-down menu next to the Signature for new messages option. Thanks to that, the signature will appear automatically in every new email message.
- Once the signature has been chosen, Apply changes and click OK.
- To see the result, go to the main view of Outlook and click the New option to create a new email message. You should see your signature in the email message body.
Import an HTML file that contains your email signature
To follow the steps below, make sure that you have a file in HTML format that contains your email signature. If you do not have such a file or you do not have time to create it yourself, you can use one of our templates, which are ready for use. Once the file has been prepared, use the following instruction to make it work in Microsoft Outlook.
- Open Outlook 2003.
- Now, you need to access the Create new signature window in Outlook 2003 options. To learn how to do that, follow steps 2-6 from the instruction above.
- In the Create new signature pop-up window, go to the Choose how to create your signature section and select this option: Use this file as a template.
- Click the Browse… button to search for the file containing your signature.
- Then, select a proper HTML file and click the Select button to insert it into the program’s signature editor.
- Once your email signature has been inserted, click Next to continue.
- In the following window, you can preview your email signature and, if necessary, do some final correction directly in the Signature text field or use the Advanced Edit… option.
- If the signature looks as expected, click Finish.
- In the following pop-up window, take a final look at your signature and click OK.
- Now your signature is ready to be used. Under Mail Format tab in the Options window, go to the Signatures section and select already created signature from the Signature for new messages list. Thanks to that, it will be set as a default signature for all new messages.
- Once it has been selected, click the Apply button and then confirm your choice by clicking OK.
- To check the result, go to the main view of Outlook and open a new message by clicking the New button in the top ribbon.
- Your signature should be automatically inserted into a new message.
Now you can enjoy your brand new email signature. Every time you open a new message, it will be available in the message body.