This article shows how to create and set up client-side email signatures in Outlook 2019. If you have an older version of Outlook, see how to create signatures in Outlook 2016/2013/2010.
Create email signature in Outlook 2019
Creating email signatures in Outlook 2019 is easy. The only inconvenience you may encounter is that the Outlook’s signature editor has rather basic set of formatting tools. To set up email signature in Outlook 2019, simply follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2019 from the Start menu or from the taskbar.
- In Outlook 2019, click File > Options > Mail.
- Then, in the Outlook Options window under Mail tab, click Signatures… in the Compose messages section.
Note: You can also access Signatures by opening a New Email message, then clicking Signature in the Include group and again Signatures.
- In the Signatures and Stationery window, click New to create your Outlook signature. Type a name for your signature.
- In the Edit signature section, create your signature block. Use available formatting tools.
Note: Outlook editor offers rather basic formatting tools. If you are not satisfied with the effects they provide, you can use free email signature generator to generate a ready-to-use signature template. After adjusting the template to your needs, simply copy/paste it to Outlook editor.
- In the Choose default signature section, specify which email account should get the signature (applies if you use more than one email account), and whether add it to new messages and/or replies/forwards. If all settings are ready, save changes by clicking OK.
- To check if the signature works correctly, open a new email message. The signature should already be there.
Note: If you didn’t select your signature as a default one, then you need to add it manually every time you write a new message. You can add your signature from the Signature button in the Message ribbon.That’s it. If you want to create another signature for other recipients, simply follow this guide again. You can create as many Outlook 2019 signatures as you need, which then you can select from the Signature button in the new message window.
Outlook 2019 signature manager
Companies, no matter if big or small, want to have email signatures in their business email communications. But, managing Outlook signatures – so that they always stay up-to-date, unified and correctly branded – is fairy difficult without a dedicated signature management tool. Such a tool works centrally and helps the admin (or other person) control user signatures globally. When you need a solution for managing Outlook 2019 signatures, you have two options to choose from – client-side or server-side software.
A client-side solution for Outlook 2019 requires installation of agents or addins on each workstation. They are responsible for inserting and updating user signatures when necessary. This client-side solution is perfect if you want to give your users more flexibility and control over email signatures they can use.
A server-side solution for email signatures is especially useful if you want to add signatures to emails sent from any device. Server-side email signatures are added after an email is sent.
Take a look at email signature management tools below:
- CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 (supports server-side and client-side signatures)
- CodeTwo Exchange Rules (server-side solution)